We are committed to compliance with data protection legislation, as well as your rights to confidentiality and respect for privacy. XpertRule will ensure that we keep your personal data accurate and secure.
What information do we collect?
We will collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information you provide to us as part of an enquiry or complaint including your name, the company you work for and contact details.
- Information you provide to us when applying for a job with XpertRule
- Information you provide to us or our partners for the purpose of marketing - events, customer surveys, newsletters and promotions.
- Information you provide to a 3rd party working with XpertRule or its partners for the purpose of marketing - events, customer surveys, newsletters and promotions.
- Any other information that you choose to share with XpertRule or its partners.
Using your personal information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
- To process and respond to your enquiry and/or complaint
- To process your job application
- To improve our products and services
- To process any individual rights request you send to us
- We may send promotional emails, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
- We may also contact you from time to time for marketing and research purposes
We may also receive some personal data indirectly, in the following scenarios:
- An employee of ours gives your contact details as an emergency contact or referee
- A complainant or enquirer refers to you in their correspondence
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
When processing your personal data, we must have legal reason to do so. Generally, we collect and use your personal data where:
- You have entered into a contract or are taking steps to enter into a contract
- It is required by law
- You, or your legal representative, have given consent
- It is in our legitimate interests to do so
Who do we share your information with?
We may disclose information about you such as your IP address to website analytics services such as Google Analytics.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- due to a court order.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Data is stored within secure data centres both in the United Kingdom and the European Union. All data is encrypted both when transmitted and when stored.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review to make sure it is up to date and accurate.
As a Data Subject (person whose personal data is processed under this policy) you have several rights under current Data Protection Legislation, including:
- Right to Access: You may instruct us to provide you with a copy of any personal information we hold about you.
- Right to Rectification: you may request that incorrect personal information is corrected.
- Right to Erasure: you may request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected and another lawful basis for processing does not exists.
- Right to Object: you may object to processing of your personal data where legitimate grounds do not exist for processing.
- Right to Restrict Processing: you may request that your personal data are not processed, rather than erased, where there are grounds to continue storing the data (e.g. for legal reasons or while a dispute is resolved) but you no longer wish your data to be processed.
Data Retention Times
Job applications: Unsuccessful 12 months. If successful will become part of your personnel record
General enquiries: Your contact details will be saved in our CRM system and removed if no contact has been made in a 12-month period or if you ask us to remove them, for example by clicking an unsubscribe option in an email.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, such sites are not governed by this privacy notice. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you feel that XpertRule has handled your data unfairly or unlawfully you can lodge a complaint with our Data Protection Officer via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +44 (0) 161 7433760.
If you remain dissatisfied with how we have handled your personal data, you may wish to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by:
Post – Customer Contact, Information Commissioners Officer, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Phone – 0303 123 1113
Email – email@example.com
Or by visiting the ICO website – www.ico.org.uk
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree (through you browser settings), the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
XpertRule Software Ltd.