This sample demonstrates the execution of XpertRule® knowledge on both an edge/hub device (for local decisions) AND running in the cloud (for augmented decisions).
- Retrieve the current EDGE ANALYTICS decision (knowledge running on the edge/hub)
- Retrieve the current IoT sensor values
- Use Alchemy Vision to detect the number of people in the image
- Use Insights for Weather to get the current external temperature
- Apply cloud knowledge to (possibly) override the EDGE ANALYTICS HVAC setting with an enhanced (given weather/people data) CLOUD ANALYTICS decision
Select an image (to indicate number of people in room)
This is passed to IBM Alchemy Vision which uses it to deduces the number of people in the image
You must select an image
Supply an address (for weather lookup)
This is passed to IBM Insights for Weather to get the current external temperature
We will now Call the XpertRule® service, please wait a moment!
Take a look at the JSON messages passed to and returned from the XpertRule service...
XpertRule Service Input Message
XpertRule Service Result Message