This sample demonstrates XpertRule Web Author integration with IBM BlueMix and actual IoT sensors.
The premise is to take IoT sensor values, along with image recognition and weather data, to control a fictional HVAC (heating, ventilation & cooling) system.
Select an image (to indicate number of people in room)
This is passed to IBM Alchemy Vision which uses it to deduces the number of people in the image
You must select an image
Supply an address (for weather lookup)
This is passed to IBM Insights for Weather to get the current external temperature
We will now Call the XpertRule® service passing the selected image & geographic location. The XpertRule service performs the following steps...
- Retrieve the current IoT sensor values
- Apply trees/rules to automatically derive the HVAC setting given the IOT sensor values
- Use Alchemy Vision to detect the number of people in the image
- Use Insights for Weather to get the current external temperature
- Apply trees/rules to override HVAC setting given weather/people data
The HVAC system should be set to
XpertRule Service Input Message
XpertRule Service Result Message